Earth Pressure Cells are used to monitor the total pressure in earthfall dam and embankments or placed at the interface between the structure and the wall of excavation.
The Earth Pressure Cell of PMT is constructed from two stainless steel discs welded around the periphery. The pressure pad is connected to the vibrating wire pressure sensor through a stainless-steel tube forming a hydraulic system. The pressure applied squeezes the two plates together causing a corresponding increase of fluid pressure inside the cell. The sensor converts this pressure into an electrical signal which is transmitted to the readout unit.
- - High-tech transducer offers reliability, fast response, and long-term stability.
- - High accuracy and resolution.
- - Stainless steel construction, hermetically sealed.
- - Audio visual signals
- - One Side Sensitive Pad.
- - Output signal suitable for long distance transmission.
|Sensor type||Vibrating Wire|
|Sensor Range||up to 10,000 kN|
|Accuracy||±0.5% F.S. (Normal) F.S. ±0.1% F.S. (Optional)|
|Temperature Range||-20 to 80C|
|Cable||4-wire, shielded, polyurethane jacket|
|Typical Frequency Range||2250 - 3000 Hz|