Spot Weldable Strain Gauges are used to monitor strain in steel structures and on reinforcement bars. Change in stress is determined by multiplying the measured strain by the modulus of elasticity.
The Arc Weldable Strain Gauge of PMT comprises of two anchors that are arc welded to the steel member which is to be monitored. When load is applied to the steel member, the deformation of the structure changes the position of the anchors and the frequency output produces a proportional change which is transmitted through a cable to the readout unit.
- - Accurate, robust, and low cost
- - Long term stability with high reliability
- - Suitable for large strain measurement
- - Frequency signal can be transmitted over long distance
- - Built-in thermistor for temperature measurements.
|Sensor type||Vibrating Wire|
|Temperature Range||-20 to 80°C|