Rebar Strain Meter is used to measure strains in foundations, slurry walls, precast piles, caissons, bridge abutments, dams, tunnel lining etc.
The Rebar Strain Meter of PMT consists of a hollow bar with VW strain gauge mounted inside. The hollow bar is extended on the two sides with reinforced bars of diameters varying as per site condition. The Rebar Strain meter s designed to be integral part of the existing rebar cage, while Sister Bar is designed for getting it installed by tying it alongside an existing length of rebar in the rebar cage. When compressive or tensile stress is induced into the bar, there is change in tension of the vibrating wire inside the transducer which is transmitted through a cable to the readout unit.
- - Accurate, robust, and low cost
- - Long term stability with high reliability
- - Suitable for large strain measurement
- - Frequency signal can be transmitted over long distance
- - Built-in thermistor for temperature measurements.
|Sensor type||Vibrating Wire|
|Temperature Range||-20 to 80°C|