Thermistors provide accurate and reliable long-term temperature measurements and are used widely in the extremely harsh environments found within Geotechnical monitoring. They are available in two types:
Probe – A single point sensor mounted within a PVC or stainless steel housing which is attached to a cable length.
The probe is designed for measuring surface temperature of steel, concrete structures and the temperature inside concrete.
String – A series of sensors mounted along a multi-core cable which provide a temperature profile and is manufactured to customer requirements in terms of the number and spacing of each sensor.
Readings can be made with a wide range of readout units which display the reading directly in engineering units (deg Celsius) or by an ohmmeter in combination with look-up tables. Readings can also be automated using an automatic data acquisition unit.
- - Water proof, Corrosion proof, rugged and robust construction
- - Suitable for embedded and surface mount applications
- - Reliability, accuracy and simplicity in readings
- - IP68 Weather proof enclosure
- - High stability and sensitivity
- - Low cost, low maintenance
- - Direct display of thermal parameters
|Sensor type||interchangeable thermistor bead|
|Sensor Range||−20 to 80°C|
|Cable||4 core PVC sheathed|
|Dimension||34×168 mm (D×L)|