Surface Mount Strain Gauges are used to monitor strain in steel or other materials. Change in stress is determined by multiplying the measured strain by the modulus of elasticity.
The Surface Mount Strain Gauge of PMT comprises of two anchors that are secured to the concrete surface that is to be monitored. When load is applied to the structure the deformation of the structure changes the position of the anchors and the frequency output produces a proportional change which is transmitted through a cable to the readout unit.
- - Long-term reliability
- - High resolution and accuracy
- - 3000 microstrain range with adjustable wire tension
- - Very high compliance
- - Rugged steel construction
- - Easy to install
- - Choice of mounting blocks: welded, expansion shell, or grouted
- - Temperature reading
- - Frequency signal easy to process and transmit over long distances
|Sensor type||Vibrating Wire|
|Temperature Range||-20 to 80°C|